By mhahnsuper Account on 3/20/2013 10:36 AM
Are you a member of a community with too many rules? Are you a community manager always setting up rules to prevent or stop things from happening on a repetitive basis? Are you constantly upgrading the penalties to those who break them? Should familiarity and predictability breed contempt over time as a community manager?
By mhahnsuper Account on 1/4/2013 10:27 AM

Another year has passed and yet another one has just begun. I have had a lot of great things happen to me last year in 2012. I feel it is important to look back and share these with all of you.  Click to read more.
By mhahnsuper Account on 12/18/2012 10:35 AM

I recently interviewed for a Social Media Community Manager position at a great company. As part of the process, I had to fill out a questionnaire. Here is one of the questions I answered.

"Name three companies that are blowing up social media and identify what their strategies are, and why they are successful. Is there anything they could do to improve?"

By mhahnsuper Account on 11/8/2012 11:04 AM
I found myself with a dilemma while owning this blog. I needed to keep my older content relevant so people can read some of my favorite articles that I have written. I found the best way to keep your content from aging and appealing to your new followers on social media is to use tools for broadcasting.
By mhahnsuper Account on 10/12/2012 9:38 AM
NFL ShieldI had an amazing experience awarded to me from a Klout Perk. NFL Extra Points teamed up with Klout to give selected people an exclusive Eagles Meet and Greet at the Philadelphia Eagle's Novacare Complex. I was also awarded another cool perk of Eagles swag prior to accepting it. Read the story of amazing time I enjoyed with my favorite team.
By mhahnsuper Account on 8/29/2012 9:19 AM
This is a story how Johnny and Cassandra who started out as enemies, fell in love, and eventually got married. This is a new tale from the 50 Shades of Community Management.
By mhahnsuper Account on 8/21/2012 6:57 AM
Rebecca and Ryan are two single adults who later became a couple of acquaintances. They both lived in the middle of one of the boroughs in New York city.  Rebecca had a tattoo of hash-tag  on the small of her back. Rebecca often dressed in seductive clothing with her tattoo visible to see who would tweet the hash tag.  As they were frequent riders of the subway, they often noticed one another but never really knew each other beyond being an acquaintance or subway buddies on the ride to and from the city for work.
By mhahnsuper Account on 8/14/2012 9:48 AM
With the success of many "tell all" books, I am proud to announce that I have finally finished my new book. This new book is the ultimate collection of community management experiences for education and enjoyment.
By mhahnsuper Account on 8/9/2012 11:12 AM
Life as a community manager can be a double edge sword. The profession is often personally and professionally rewarding to the community manager because of the relationships forged but it has it pitfalls like in any profession. Community Managers often work long days to meet schedules so the community continues to run efficiently as possible. Every community manager job is different because every companies definition of a community manager is varied so their needs change.
By mhahnsuper Account on 8/1/2012 11:40 AM
Creating online communities can be your biggest source of driving awareness to your product and service(s). Many people/businesses do not understand how to create a community, the work involved and the detail that goes in to setting the foundation. I am going to give you an overview of creating a community by comparing it to the beach.