By mhahnsuper Account on 7/24/2012 10:07 AM
I recently read a few blog articles that dealt with the pros/cons of age as a reason not to employ someone in social media. I decided instead of using age as a medium,we should perhaps require a government issued license instead to prevent social media stupidity and require education.
By mhahnsuper Account on 6/28/2012 12:08 PM
CMGRASIL The Cure for CMGR PROBLEMSAre you a community manager? Do you run an online community? Do you get stressed out? Do you have a bad day once in a while where you need something to help you through the day? I have found the cure for all the ailments that may ail any community manager at anytime on any day.
By mhahnsuper Account on 6/21/2012 10:25 AM
Community Management LinksI took the liberty of compiling a list of resources and links for community managers. I was looking for the niche sites and people who supported the community. I am not looking for the commercial big sites. While social media sites are relevant to the community management field, I wanted to stick to more community oriented sites.
By mhahnsuper Account on 6/19/2012 10:28 AM
Yesterday, I posted a question on Twitter which I called the “Community Manager Question of the Day”where I asked “Does the age of your volunteers matter when your recruiting volunteers?” I know it is a loaded question because the ultimate answer is varied by a number of factors. Lets discuss the factors why I used age as a requirement and how I learned to change my ways.
By mhahnsuper Account on 6/12/2012 9:35 AM
Large herd of CattleToo many times and too often members of a community are often forgotten for the who and the what they are. The members of your community are your customers. These members are often directed where to go repeatedly. Your customers are your stake holders who have invested time, money in to your product, and service because they believe in it.
By mhahnsuper Account on 6/11/2012 10:20 AM
Sue  Interviews MeI would like to take a moment to thank the wonderful Sue John for interviewing me on her amazingly awesome job site as the Featured Community Manager at www.Sueontheweb.com. She has one of the best if not the best non commercial community management job sites on the Internet. Her website is such a valuable resource to me and I have had a few interviews for various jobs over the past few months.

Please head on over and read the interview. You can learn more about me and possibly hire me. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity. Feel free to contact me as well.

...
By mhahnsuper Account on 6/7/2012 9:03 AM
If you have a community online to manage it is important to connect with potential customers to build the brand. Brands often use social media for external means of building a community and forums or custom software for internal communities. It is important to be able to connect with your audience multiple ways.
By mhahnsuper Account on 5/29/2012 11:38 AM
Layoffs happen far too often in the business world. No matter the reasons for the layoffs, lives are always changed, and companies are downsized. No matter the spin on the situation, layoffs are never a good thing for anyone involved. This causes a lot of negative press inside the internal communities and on external communities (social media, etc) for the company.
By mhahnsuper Account on 5/23/2012 9:48 AM
We have a big problem right now with Social Media. Every business wants to share their own information by just becoming a broadcaster for their clients, followers and customers. Every time information is posted there is often no one there to respond to the inquiries whether it is a question or comment. Sadly, it has become common place to ignore your base with this misuse of social media in all types of platforms and settings
By mhahnsuper Account on 5/15/2012 8:09 AM
Recently, I volunteered to serve as the Guest Host for a fun and interactive game of Mad Libs on Twitter. Using the hashtag #ohchat (#ohchat is Office Hooky Chat), for one hour I posted a series of pre-written Mad Libs which chat participants replied to -- often with hilarious and witty answers